Can't Issue Store Credit To Customer Accounts? What?

Shopify Partner
107 0 13

Well now the only option to issue store credit on Shopify is FreshCredit.. not the mess of discounts and one time use codes that expire.. check us out in the App Store.. 

https://apps.shopify.com/fresh-credit

Thanks

Todd

ByteStand - Amazon to Shopify in one click
0 Likes
4 0 0

Hi Oswald-

I would be fine with using gift cards but the problem with the way shopify pos tells us to handle it, is that it shows we made sales twice. So we make a sale then if a customer returns it we refund to store credit. Then we purchase a gift card for them using store credit as payment. Which shows income. Then when they purchase an item with the gift card that shows another sale (income). So you pay income tax twice??? This can't be correct. When switching to shopify pos we put ipads out front instead of computers and there doesn't seem to be a way to issue a gift card on the shopify apps. Only the desktop version. Please advise!

Becca

0 Likes
Tourist
34 0 2

Hey Becca, you may have to add the Shopify POS as a sales channel to your Gift Card product.  If you go to Products and select your Gift Cards, you have the option of choosing which sales channel the product appears on.  You should be able to select Shopify POS as a sales channel. 

Reward yourself and your Customers.
0 Likes
4 0 0

We have no problem selling another gift card and taking payment for it. But then it shows we received income twice. I want to be able to issue a gift card like you can on the back end shopify. 

0 Likes
Excursionist
24 0 18

Wow, 2 years later and it is still the same. Is it just me or is shopify aimed at selling apps to customers now, as suppose to adding PROPER features. Time to sharpen my woocommerce skills...

1 Like
Shopify Partner
1658 48 164

All woocommerce does is rebrand gift card to "store credit" you could even use discounts codes on shopify and just keep track of amounts used updating personal codes until $0.

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept the solution so you can help others.
Confused? Busy? ? Get me to solve it paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com.
Buy me a coffee? ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
0 Likes
Excursionist
24 0 18

Exactly! And you dont need a $79 plan to do it either.

An how do you keep track and update the coupon for hundreds of customers? I hope not manually?

0 Likes
Excursionist
51 0 4

Hi all,

GiftWizard can issue store credit on any Shopify plan.

Check us out:

https://apps.shopify.com/giftwizard

Or contact me directly to hear more:

ari@giftwizard.co

1 Like
Tourist
11 0 4

Today we implemented Rewardify on our store to handle store credit. It's FANTASTIC!

I'm not affiliated with the developer. My store (http://shop.fix2u.com) has been running for a couple of years now. I had assumed store credit was going to be next to impossible to implment after reading many threads about people complaining about the lack of support for it in the native shopify installation.

We took a look at Fresh Credit, but because it was using discount codes, it would not work for us because we implement wholesale pricing (discount levels) via an app called "Wholesale Club".

What's amazing about Rewardify is that it also offers the same discount functionality for wholesale customers! So - we have saved ourslves the $40 monthly sub to Wholesale Club, moved to Rewardify (only $10 a month), replicated the existing discount funcitons we had - which work perfectly - and we now have the added bonus of store credit functionality. The app works for both online and Shopify POS (not tested the later - we are only online).

I hope this information is helpful. I was suprised the developer of Rewardify has not mentioned his app in more of these types of threads. Talking of the developer - we got fast and very good support from him via e-mail.

I highly recommend you take a look and I hope this helps some of those people out who are looking for a store credit solution on shopify.

1 Like
Tourist
8 0 4

I had the same need for store credit instead of gift cards. Rise.ai is the solution I found (https://apps.shopify.com/rise-ai). If you have customer accounts on your online store, Rise enables you to send store credit directly to customers for any reason. 

Hope this helped!

1 Like