Can't cancel an order

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
7 0 0

Hey guys. We have a problem with our orders. We have COD ( cash on delivery ) available on our store and sometimes clients refuse to pick the parcel. But after a specific amount of time, after fulfilling the order, we can't cancel it anymore. Is it possible to do that somehow? If not, is there any solution to fix this problem so we don't have to pay any additional taxes?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
90 0 14

Hi, there! 

Alicia here, from the Shopify Guru team!

I'd be happy to shed some light on this for you! It sounds like the underlying issue here is that the order itself can't be cancelled, due to it being marked as fulfilled! If the order was manually fulfilled you will be able to cancel the order's fulfillment, and then would be able to cancel the order as a whole. Steps on cancelling the fulfillment are found in this guide. Our 'Refunding and Cancelling' guide will break down the process of cancelling an order as well! 

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further questions about this at all - I'd be happy to help in any way that I can!

All the best,

Alicia D. | Shopify Guru

support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 2

Didnt see this post and created another. 

@Alicia the problem is for orders that are not fulfilled manually. Please bring back the option to cancel orders not fulfilled manually. It was there till last week. I cant understand why Shopify would go and change that. It makes no sense.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
7 0 0

Thought that only happens to me. Wondered myself what happened because I had no issues canceling fulfilled orders before.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

We are having the same problem, customers order COD, they refuse the package, and we would cancel the orders since it would not be marked as paid. Now the option to cancel the order was erased. Why was this changed and how would you suggest we deal with this now?

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

We are facing the same issue. When we generate a waybill it auto fulfills, but if the customer refuses the order and the package is returned. We need to be able to cancel the order at that point.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
16 0 3

+1, we also do COD and sometimes have to cancel a fulfilled order

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I have exactly the same problem. It worked just fine before and now all of the sudden we can't cancel anything if there is an issue. 

We can't unfullfill or cancel the orders.

This is really frustrating. Especially because Shopify is charging for orders. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Looks like shopify doesn't want to lose their cut on the transaction, that's why they took out the option to cancel the order...

0 Likes