Can't find how to define currency and shipping methods in 14 day trial -

Highlighted
1 0 0

I just signed up for the free 14 day trial but I can't see how to change the currency or set up shipping options.

I was able to do this with the trial version on another platform, and I would like to be able to do this with shopify.

Our  business is located in Israel. But we want to sell and ship products overseas. So we want the currency to be US Dollars and the shipping shipping methods need to be based on international mail services shipping from Israel. Will that be possible in Shopify? Is there away to test this without going to the paid version?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
568 45 129

Hi, @akohl!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

Congratulations on beginning your free trial. There's definitely a lot to learn when you're just getting started. To help you familiarize yourself with the platform, it's a good idea to check out our free Shopify Compass course, "Getting Started with Shopify". This course will walk you through the entire store setup process, including setting up your shipping rates and payment gateways. 

To change your store currency, you'll just need to do so in Settings > General. Keep in mind that you will be able to change your currency here only up until you make your first sale. After your first sale, changing it will no longer be possible and it would also have an adverse affect on your prices, reports, past orders, and other historical data. For this reason, it's a good idea to ensure you have the right currency selected prior to launching your store. 

It's also a good idea to check with your payment gateway to ensure they are able to accept USD. Have you already chosen a payment gateway? If you haven't yet done so, you'll just need to select one from the list of available options in Israel here

In terms of shipping, there are a couple of different ways that you can set up your shipping rates. Will you be fulfilling and shipping orders yourself, or are you dropshipping? If you are shipping products yourself, then you could choose to enable the third-party carrier calculated shipping feature. If you have your own account with a shipping carrier, then you can use this feature to display your negotiated shipping rates from that carrier to customers at checkout. If you'd like to add this feature to your plan, then you can simply reach out to the Shopify Support team

Alongside this feature, you'll also need to use a third-party app to integrate with a local shipping carrier in Israel. We have a few apps that offer rates from hundreds of carriers throughout the world. Some popular options include ShipStation, Bespoke Shipping, and EzySlips. Another option that sounds like a great fit for you is the Israel Post app, which allows you to display calculated rates directly from Israel Post, and also ship Israel Post shipping labels directly from Shopify. If you'll be handling shipping yourself, then I recommend exploring each one to see which suits your needs the best. 

Alternatively, if you're dropshipping, then you'll want to use flat shipping rates. Flat shipping rates allow you to charge a specific amount for shipping at checkout. For dropshippers, the cost of shipping can often be factored into the product price, so most offer free shipping on all orders or on orders over a certain value. That said, with flat shipping rates, how much you charge for shipping is entirely up to you. If this applies to you, then I suggest checking out our help doc on shipping strategies for dropshipping. This should help you decide how you should be charging for shipping.

Lastly, I want to pass along our Essential Shopify Store Launch Checklist. This is a great resource that will help you ensure you've completed all the steps necessary prior to choosing a plan and launching your store. I think you'll find it pretty valuable! 

I hope this offers some clarity. If you have any further questions, feel free to respond here! 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes