Can't link my paypal account to Shopify

Haitam
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi guys

I am unable to link my business account to Shopify. When I complete the activation and I click back to Shopify, I still find "Activate Paypal express checkout" like in the beginning!

Can anyone help me, please?

Thank you

Replies 9 (9)

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @Haitam

My name is Rae, and I work for Shopify.

I appreciate you posting this question. It sounds like you're getting stuck in a loop, and I'd really like to lend a hand with this. 

When trying to activate PayPal, are you using the same email address on PayPal that you use on your store owner's account on Shopify's end? If not, please try using this email address, as this should help resolve things. 

If you're still not able to connect your PayPal account though, I recommend following these steps: 

1. Open up a new browser session using Chrome Incognito mode
  2. In that window, log in to your PayPal business account on PayPal.com
  3. Open up a new tab within your Incognito window and log in to your Shopify admin 
  4. From within your admin, try to connect PayPal again by following these steps 

If this doesn't resolve things on your end, please just reply back to me here with more details on which step didn't work, and where the loop occurred. 

Keep me posted on this! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Nourel
4 0 0

Hi,

I have the same issue and i try to do all steps but steel have the same problem.

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @Nourel

Thank you for joining this thread and letting me know. 

To clarify, did you use the same email address to log in to PayPal that you use on your store owner's account on Shopify?

Can you also please confirm where the loop is occurring, or which specific step that I shared in my previous reply isn't working on your end?

Once I have these details, I can help pinpoint where the issue may be coming from, and continue working towards a resolution. 

Thanks! 

Nourel
4 0 0

Hi,

I used the same email that my store account and in paypal this email is  the primary email for paypal account.

The issue is that when I complete the activation and I click back to Shopify, I still find "Activate Paypal express checkout" like in the beginning!

Haitam
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi ,

Tried all the steps you mentioned but the problem is still there. 

thanks!

Nourel
4 0 0

Hi,

I have the same result, I have done all the steps as @Rae  mentioned but steel have the same screen "Activate express ...".

I'm blocked with this issue.

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @Nourel and @Haitam

I appreciate you both following up on this, and trying out the steps I shared in my previous reply. 

Since you're still running into troubles, I'd really like to have our Support team look into this further. To contact our team about this, please visit our Help Center, log in to your account, and submit a support request. That way, our team can discuss this with you over live chat, email, or through a callback, to determine the best way to connect PayPal to your account successfully. 

This information should help resolve this issue, so I've marked my reply as the solution to this thread. This will help other Community members who are running into the same problem, as it indicates the steps they can follow to get this resolved on their end, too. 

We look forward to hearing from you both via our Help Center soon! 

Nourel
4 0 0

Hi @Rae,

I create a request with the support team and i have a ticket number ID : 23907921.

I have done this request 5 days ago and still no feedback about this issue.

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @Nourel

Thanks for letting me know. I'm sorry to hear that you haven't heard back from our team about this yet. 

If you received your ticket number in a follow up email after speaking with our team, I recommend replying directly to that email to ask for an update. That way, our team can provide you with more information as soon as we have new details to share with you. 

We appreciate your ongoing patience with this!