Can't pay shopify subscription with Mastercard Debit card

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
6 0 0

Hi All,

I like to pay Shopify subscription with my Mastercard debit card. Shopify does mention that they accept MasterCard debit card. However, i cannot make payment with it and shows transaction error while making payment. 

However, i can make payment for other international transaction like purchasing domain etc. Could you please help?

Many thanks,

Swati

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1241 76 271

Hey, @swati1!

If you're in India, then your Mastercard debit card may work with our systems; however, we can not guarantee it. As this feature is only in a trial run, we can't currently troubleshoot issues that may arise. That said, here are a few things to keep in mind: 

• Verify that it's a debit card on a credit card network (including Visa, Mastercard & AMEX). RuPay cards are not supported. Icici and HDFC international debit cards have a higher success rate as well.
  • That you have international transactions enabled.
  • If you still have errors, you will need to reach out to your bank to confirm there are no additional steps you will need to take on your side.

If the error persists, you will need to use another form of payment (full credit card) as this is currently the only fully supported payment method we provide. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes