Can't print a shipping label due to unverified address

Solved
BobsMojo
Shopify Partner
443 44 93

Hi @Jnelly 

You can do this from within the order itself. 

Click on Orders:

MelsMojoBob_0-1600175931894.png

Click on the open order from the orders list:

MelsMojoBob_1-1600176017820.png

Once in the order, you can click on the Create Shipping Label button

MelsMojoBob_2-1600176163887.png

0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1020 118 162

Hey, @Jnelly! Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out about this.  

Shopify Shipping is currently only available to merchants whose fulfillment location is based in Canada, USA or Australia. Therefore, to be able to print shipping labels from your admin for stores based out of the UK will require an app from the Shopify App Store. Are you currently using a shipping app for labels?

If not, I recommend taking a look into the following:

Each of these easily integrate with Shopify stores based in the UK, and will enable you to purchase and print discounted shipping labels from within the app in your admin. Please note, Since they are created by a third party, please reach out to the developer directly if you have any questions about the apps, the functionality or need a hand setting it up. 

Additionally, you will also need to have the Third Party Carrier Calculated Shipping feature enabled on your store as well to be able to make use of any of the shipping apps. Please see this forum post for more details about that, and let me know if you would like me to enable it for you.

Cheers!

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
megintex
2 0 0

Hi Helen,

I'm having problems with shipping to a local address that I've looked up on Google to verify. It's a hospital. I called UPS directly to see if they could check the address ahead of time and it's in their system as a valid location.  I'm shipping with UPS, but the error is saying address isn't recognized by USPS.  I can't seem to bypass the error, and I've edited through customer page and now shipping page.  Please help!

Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 4.00.58 PM.png

@Helen wrote:

Hi, @LindseyCreates

I’m Helen from Shopify Support. Thanks for reaching out about this.

The banners that you are seeing to notify you that the order’s address could not be verified, and thus no rates are available, are warnings only. These most often occur when the customer does not enter their address exactly as it is identified in Google Maps. 

Therefore, I recommend entering the address into Google to see if there is any part of it that needs to be adjusted. This could be the formatting, spelling, zip code etc. Once you have made the adjustments, and you know that the address is in fact correct, you should be able to bypass both warnings and proceed with purchasing the shipping label.

However, if this does not work, please reply back to this thread to let me know.  I’m here to help.

USPS. 

0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1020 118 162

Hey, @megintex!  

Thanks for the screenshot, and doing your due diligence of reaching out to UPS. That’s so great to hear what a proactive business owner you are! 

Do you offer both UPS and USPS rates to your customers? If so, please scroll down a bit further from what is shown in the screenshot to the Shipping Service section. Please ensure you’ve selected a UPS rate, like seen in the example below. Does the same error message display about USPS when trying to purchase?

21-01-1m4em-szqfj

If it does, please reply back and let me know so that I can loop our Shipping team in to investigate this further and get it sorted out for you. Thanks!

0 Likes
SterlingTPPS
1 0 0

I am having this exact same issue. I've checked and double checked the address, I am using a UPS shipping service and getting the same USPS error. Initially the address did just have an Apt number without the "Apt" I've changed that but without any luck in printing my UPS label.

0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1020 118 162

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @SterlingTPPS. Sorry to hear you are having trouble with this too. Let’s look into it! 

You mentioned that you double checked the address already. Where did you validate it? 

The formatting of addresses with apartment numbers can be especially particular, therefore as a first step towards troubleshooting this, please validate it using the UPS address validator. This will ensure the address is entered exactly as UPS requires it to be. 

If you still aren’t able to purchase it after putting it into UPS’ own validation tool, and making any edits needed to the formatting, we’ll need to access your account in order to take a closer look at it for you. At this time, we’re not able to provide account-specific support in the Shopify Community, but, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Therefore, please visit the Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request.

In order to save some time so that the Support Advisor you speak with can help you as quickly as possible, please share this summary of your request at the beginning of your conversation:

I am attempting to purchase a UPS shipping label. I have validated the address using the UPS 
address validator, however I continue to receive an error message saying “Shipping address not
recognized by USPS. Edit shipping address and try again”.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Let me know if I can help with anything else!

0 Likes
vulcansforge
2 0 0

Hello! trying to reach out to Helen here because I am experiencing a similar issue with my store...

All address info is correct, as verified by the customer, and input on the correct line, I have also verified the address with Canada Poste, & yet each time I click "Buy shipping label" the page is refreshed with the error message (in a yellow bar) "Address is invalid".

Please help me, Helen!!

0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1020 118 162

Hey, @vulcansforge! Thanks for reaching out. 

Does the error message say the shipping address is invalid? Or is it the shipping origin address that  is invalid? Please provide a screenshot of the error message if you can.

Secondly, did you validate the address through this Canada Post validation tool? I recommend double checking it as sometimes there is a difference in the formatting or postal codes that cause the address to be invalid. It must be entered into Shopify exactly as generated from the tool in order for Canada Post to accept it.

Lastly, if verifying it through Canada Post’s validator, and making an edit to either your own shipping address or your customer’s still doesn’t allow you to purchase your label, we will need to look more closely at your account. As explained in my previous post, account specific support can be found through the Help Center via live chat, callback or email. 

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
vulcansforge
2 0 0
Hey! Thanks for the prompt response. I did get the problem resolved and it
was due to a mistake made on my end--I managed to type my own address wrong
0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1020 118 162

My pleasure, @vulcansforge! Happy to hear it was such a quick fix. Let me know if I can help with anything else.

0 Likes