Can't print a shipping label due to unverified address

Highlighted
1 0 0

Screen Shot 2019-12-04 at 12.57.26 PM.jpg

These are the errors I am getting when I try to print this label.  I've even tried USPS's "suggested" address - no luck.  It lets me click the "Buy shipping label" button, but it just brings up the error again.  I double checked all the weight, size details, even tried Priority mail instead of first class.  No luck.  I've reached out to the customer to verify the address as well.  Please help.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
460 56 75

Hi, @LindseyCreates

I’m Helen from Shopify Support. Thanks for reaching out about this.

The banners that you are seeing to notify you that the order’s address could not be verified, and thus no rates are available, are warnings only. These most often occur when the customer does not enter their address exactly as it is identified in Google Maps. 

Therefore, I recommend entering the address into Google to see if there is any part of it that needs to be adjusted. This could be the formatting, spelling, zip code etc. Once you have made the adjustments, and you know that the address is in fact correct, you should be able to bypass both warnings and proceed with purchasing the shipping label.

However, if this does not work, please reply back to this thread to let me know.  I’m here to help.

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I am trying to set up local delivery and have the same issue. Im doing a test delivery to my neighbour and it says the delivery address cannot be added to the delivery list because the address is unverified, please update the address on the order details. I've updated the address 4 times, it is correct, but still 'unverified'. As this is for local delivery by myself, i do not need it verifying i can look it up myself, i just need to be able to add the delivery to the delivery list. When i update the address on the order it is just blank fields to fill in it does not search a database and allow me to choose the correct address, I just manually write it in, so how can it not be verified. The address exists and it is just next door to me so this is ridiculous... I should be able to turn off this verification and just add whichever orders i like??? Can you please tell me how to go about verifying a customers address after they have placed an order?! We must assume the address they provide is correct so how can I add these orders to the delivery list?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm experiencing the same error. and i checked with google and customer and it still wont let me buy the shipping label , please help ASAP

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
144 13 33

The most common issues we run into that cause this are:

• Customers entered the Apt. number or Box number on the wrong line, or just enter the number without Apt. or Box in front of it (which was the case on the OP's screenshot).
  • Address is listed in the database from which Shopify pulls address verification as a multi-unit residence, but the customer didn't enter an Apt. or Box number.
  • Customer used a different name for the street than what is in the database. For example, some customers who live on a State Highway will enter "123 State Road 5", while the 'official' name in the database is "123 NY Highway 5" (or vice versa). Or customer entered "123 Smith Drive" when the database has it as "123 Smith Road". 
  • Random misspellings and typos
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
460 56 75

Hey, @adogslife

Are you still having this issue? It sounds very frustrating! 

Local delivery is a little bit different than purchasing a shipping label as a shipping option. The location that your products are assigned to must be enabled for local delivery, and the delivery area needs to be specified by radius or postal code within the Local delivery section of your Shipping and Delivery settings, in order for the customer’s address to be verified. The steps to fully set this up are found in the Help Doc for ‘Setting up local delivery for online orders’

If you’re still having trouble with this, and your delivery settings are properly specified, please reply back here and let me know and I’m happy to work directly with you on this to get it sorted out.

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes