Can't setup Paypal Express

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi team,

I am trying setup Paypal express checkout as my payment option.  
Screen Shot 2020-02-02 at 20.34.09.png

When I press the "Complete Account setup" button, A new tab opens with paypal screen below: 
Screen Shot 2020-02-02 at 20.36.04.png

Then I log in with my new paypal business account which opens the following screen:
Screen Shot 2020-02-02 at 20.38.21.png

After granting the permission,  some loading happens :
Screen Shot 2020-02-02 at 20.39.49.png

And it redirects me back to the initial page with the same state as shown in the first screenshot.
Could someone please check and confirm whether the paypal express checkout has been activated or not?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
399 25 115

Hi, @iamutkarsht

This is Rae from Shopify. Thank you for reaching out about your PayPal setup, and welcome to the Community! 

There are a few reasons why this could be happening, so I'd really like to discuss these further and lend a hand to get this resolved.

As a starting point, can you please confirm if you've followed these steps to finish setting up your PayPal account? If you're using a different email on your Shopify account than what's currently connected to your PayPal business account, this could be causing the issue. With this in mind, please make sure to deactivate the PayPal gateway, and then reactivate it with the email address that's connected to your active PayPal account by following the steps outlined in the link above. This will make sure that the PayPal business account that's linked to your email address is the same account that is connected to your Shopify store. 

If the same issue still occurs, I recommend clearing your browser cache by following these steps. This will help ensure your browser is up to date, and not storing older information that may be interfering with your account set up. Please also keep in mind that you'll need to be using one of our supported browsers as well. 

Once you've completed those steps, I suggest testing your PayPal gateway to double check that it's connected to your site. That way, you can confirm that the payment method is working before your customers attempt to use it. 

Please keep me posted on how this goes! I look forward to hearing back from you and working towards getting PayPal connected on your site. 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes