Can we use Visa/Master Debit cards instead of Credit Card, to buy Shopify plan and on Oberlo... ???

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello Friends,

I do have two active Debit cards of Visa and Master card each, but when I put it on shopify to buy Shopify plan it shows that this card number is not credit card, means they dont accept Debit card to buy it. Although I do have enough money in my account so can buy Shopify plan easily using my Visa and Mastger Debit cards, but i am unable to do it .... same thing happened at Oberlo.

Please guide me how can i use them, I am about to build up my Online store at Shopify but I am unable to remove password from my store so it get published because of this Debit card hurdle.

Awaiting prompt and positive response.

Thanks,
Asad Azmi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
577 20 186

Hey, Asad!

I'm Aria, a Social Care guru at Shopify. 

Shopify bills can currently only be paid by credit card. You can find more information in this guide. Some merchants have managed to get debit cards to work but often, they don't continue to work as they were not designed for this type of payment. When they are not accepted, we don't have any way we can force it through for you. I'm sorry about that. 

We are aware that it's difficult for some merchants to obtain credit cards, depending on their location and the rules in their country. We have fed this back to our developers and they are working on ways to include other payment methods. It's a work in progress though, I'm not sure when other methods are likely to be accepted. 

I hope you manage to find a solution that works for you. Let me know if you need anything else.

Aria
Social Care Guru
Shopify

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Aria,

Thanks for your briefing, well its difficult part for me because I dont have any credit card and its not that easy to obtain one so i was willing to use my existing and working Debit cards instead to proceed on Shopify. I would appreciate if you can add this feature also at your platform so other merchants wont get discourage.

If there is any other way to solve this matter pls guide me. I am really willing to continue at Shopify.

Hope to have your prompt and positive response.

Thanks,
Asad

0 Likes