Can you turn a profit with high international shipping costs

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi

I am on the Shopify trial still.  I'm located in US and will sell to US buyers. I've noticed that if I use Oberlo as a source for suppliers, most of them are in China.  If I pay cheaper shipping rates, the delivery times is very long, which customers might not accept.  However, if I pay DHL, et al. my shipping costs  are high.  Can you (or have you) make a profit with high delivery costs?  Or is it better business to use US suppliers?

Thanks in advance.

Yogaman

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
258 8 25

Hi @Yogaman1! Gabby here from the Community Engagement team at Spocket.

I think you already know the answer to your post's title. There are definitely workarounds, tips, and guides to setting your final retail price to earn more. But since you mentioned that you're planning on shipping from and to the US, then you wouldn't have to worry too much about working on your shipping price.

Given your intended business set up, I'd like to invite you to check out Spocket! It's a dropshipping app that offers a wide variety of items from suppliers mainly coming from the US, as well as the EU. With this info, membership with us gives you access to suppliers you could choose products from to also ship within the US. With this set up, shipping fees are usually free or do not cost much at all, which is why I said you wouldn't have to deal with coming up with a workaround when it's time to set your final selling price.

Here's a product that ships from the US to the US as an example:

Search_-_Spocket.png

If you're interested in what the app has to offer for you and your dropshipping business, you can check Spocket's website out to learn more!

0 Likes