Canada Post Labels - No company name printed

Excursionist
14 0 6

There canada post app made by shopify does not print the company name on the label, even though this is captured during checkout / account setup

this has cost me money as some items are not delivered properly

Please add the company name to the labels!

Makerparts.ca Canadian online store for 3D printing Filament , and Openbuilds V-Slot Linear Rail and related parts & Accessories.
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
187 0 24

Hi Adam! 

Diana here from the Shopify Support Team.

Thanks for the feedback! I just wanted to let you know that this is a feature that other folks have been asking about as well, so I've actually brought this request up with the appropriate departments on our end. I can't give promises about implementation timelines, but we are always striving to improve, and if you don't ask, you don't receive! Just wanted to let you know that your voice has been heard.

Other than that, I hope our Canada Post App has been helpful in many other ways! 

- Diana

Diana | Shopify Guru ~ Contact Shopify 24/7 at support.shopify.com!
0 Likes
Tourist
68 0 3

DO NOT USE THIS APP . . . EVER! 
(for printing or creating labels)

Use SHIPPO instead. It also handles Venture One (Small Business) accounts, (and prints Company Name)

I have had this app (the Shopify one) installed and used on four storefronts for over a year - and it is not only a nightmare - but it calculates weights wrong and overcharges you - and - can also send the wrong measurements (which you don't even see) - that result in additional (second charges) for the same label by Canada Post onto your credit card.

Shopify Support - admits that this app does not work - and even they have recommended that I move to Shippo until the next version of this app (whenever that might be) is available.

I repeat -

DO NOT USE THIS APP . . . EVER! 
(for printing or creating labels)

Founder (Former CEO) of ActionFront Data Recovery Labs. Sold to Seagate Technologies in 2005 and happily "retired" at age 52. Now manage 4 x Shopify store fronts.
0 Likes
Tourist
12 0 3

I have used the Canada Post app for over a year now and have no idea what Nick is getting at.

1 - you enter the weight yourself... so how it's calculating it incorrectly is questionable.

2 - It pulls up the exact same shipping charges as does your Canada Post account if you were to log into EST online and do it yourself.

3 - You can not send the wrong measurements because again.... you send them yourself.  you pre-set your boxes and the drop downmenue is not difficult to figure out.... you click.... it drops.... you select your box.  Or.... you click.... it drops.... you select custom and you enter in measurements.

It's rediculously easy.

0 Likes
Excursionist
304 0 7

Company name on the label is permitted by Canada Post API. I am not aware if Shopify has upgraded itself to include it. If they have, i think this is the best solution to use However, if you are planning to use your own account and get company name in labels, then you can try the Multi Carrier Shipping label app that does this.

0 Likes