Canada Post Shipping Rate Issues

Highlighted
5 0 0

I continue to be frustrated with the "Shopify Shipping with Canada Post" App.   Although the shipping calculation for one item seems to work, I am loosing 100's of dollars due to wrong Canada Post shipping rates on multiple products, of various weights and dimensions.   The problem is that the shipping calculation in based on weight and a default shipping box.  Most customers are purchasing more than one product, of various weights, and dimensions and the shipping cost is way off (too low!!!).  I need a solution that will take into account the weight and package dimensions for each individual product and somehow figure out (based on the various products purchases) how many fit in a box, and how many boxes are required.   It all sounds complicated by Boxify seem to be able to this (but do not support Canada Post).  Fedex and UPS shipping rates are too high to be competitive, so I need Canada Post rates to work.   Any Canadian shops out experiencing similar issues...and have some suggested workarounds?   

Any suggestions would be appreciated.    Cheers, Jerry  www.QuestAwards.com 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Jerry did you ever figure out a work around for your issue?  I have run into the same problem.

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Dale, unfortunately I have found not found a resolution yes.  However one potential is an app called "Boxify", but they do not support Canada Post yet but would be cost effective.  The other I am investigating is an app called "Advanced Shipping Manager", where you identify cubic inches for each product and it does something similar, but seems to require some trial and error (cost of $85 USD per month is a bit steep).  If you can give Boxify a "nudge" that would be helpful.    cheers Jerry

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
152 9 34

Hey Jerry & Dale,

We've just launched our public alpha for our new shipping app Intuitive Shipping.  You can try the alpha for free, and should you wish to continue to use the app once we officially launch you'll get 50% off your plan.  Our plan structures are still in the works so we don't have final pricing at this point.

Within Intuitive Shipping you can assign dimensions for each product.  These dimensions are then passed off to third party carriers such as Canada Post, USPS, UPS, FedEx and DHL for a shipping cost calculation.

The system will not combine multiple products into a single box, but rather pass each product separately.  I can look into introducing a boxing algorithm that combines multiple products together.

If you're interested in giving Intuitive Shipping a try, you can install it here:

https://www.intuitiveshipping.com/app/install

Alpha Access Code:  bwAVGxxrAi

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Joel.

Co-Founder / CTO @ Intuitive Shipping Inc.
Intuitive Shipping | Automate Shipping Profiles
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello @Jerry_Van_Olst,

You can check out the Multi Carrier Shipping Label app. The app supports Canada Post shipping and you will be able to manage the packing process using the app. 

The app allows you to configure the weight and dimensions of your product. Now, by using the "packing automation", the app automatically handles the packaging process for you.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes