Canada Post label format suddenly changed?

Tourist
10 0 1

Hey there folks,

I have been buying labels through shopify since last fall. I print the Expedited Parcel labels on 8.5 x 11 paper and they've always been easy. All of a sudden the other day, it spits out a tiny label (looks like the Dymo 4x6 format to me) in the middle of the page, with a second page that has a small commercial invoice on it, instead of having customs info built in to the label as it should be.

Has this happened to anyone else recently? Shopify says it's the "new standard" and Canada Post says it's wrong. Perhaps this is only affecting me. It's frustrating, messy and unprofessional looking. Hope they figure it out soon!

Thank you!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
227 0 22

Hi Matthew,

Sending you an email to learn more -- thanks for letting us know!

0 Likes
Excursionist
303 0 7

I am not sure there is a new standard as you said. The label still comes up with some space for a commercial invoice to be attached to it. The invoice attached is a sample as shown here : 

Screen Shot 2019-12-02 at 10.39.30 PM.png

If you are getting a different format, it may be because you are shipping to a specific country for which this comes out in this format. You can try the Multi Carrier Shipping label app to get regular default formatted labels + invoice on your store.

0 Likes