Canada Post "This service does not support the envelope package type"

MotherByNature
3 0 6

I'm brand new here and trying to do my very first shipment. My products are small and light and fit in manila envelopes. But when I try to go through the shipping, it says "Canada Post:  This service does not support the envelope package type" 

But the "supported package types" information I found says large, flat envelopes are supported. Letter size is not. But this isn't letter size. 

I honestly have no idea if I'm doing something wrong, or if Canada Post actually doesn't let me do automatic shipping labels like this for manila envelopes. 

Any help for a Newbie?

MotherByNature
3 0 6

Further info: It works fine if I use the "padded mailer" or a "box" option. But it won't let me use any size envelope at all. I can't fathom why it wouldn't let us use envelopes for shipping??

jasi
1 0 1

Hello, 

I am having the exact same issue and I am wondering if you by any chance solved this issue or if you found a way around it?

Thank you 

mariamhoda
1 0 1

Did you happen to solve it?

pagexrage
Tourist
7 0 3

Shopify  many of us are having the same issue - is there a reason envelopes are not supported with the Canada Post integration, and is there an app that has this feature?

Getsomegarden
1 0 1

I am also having the same error message!

My other carrier is UPS but at 12$ to ship a 40grs envelope locally , i just cannot do that.

I have contacted Canada post who told me to contact Shopify support and Shopify support tells me to contact Canada post.

I also use Shipstation and there as well I'm getting an error message when trying to ship with Canada post. This is getting ridiculous!!!

geniefied
1 0 0

In that case I would use Canada Post website directly to process the order manually in the meantime.

0 Likes
bodegoods
1 0 1

Having the same problem!! please let me know if anyone finds an update!

pagexrage
Tourist
7 0 3

same! we're going to have to spend so much time every week just to making shipping labels, which we specifically signed up to a service to avoid - this is ridiculous!

0 Likes
pagexrage
Tourist
7 0 3

Lets keep this thread active until we get a real response!