Canada Post shipping rates with my own account - rates are being produced for multiple carton shipments incorrectly

Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 1

I've had a store on Shopify for a year and a half. I've been using Canada Post shipping rates from Shopify until now and shown the calculated shipping rates to customers. I now want to use my own Canada Post shipping account to create shipping labels and show my own Canada Post discounted rates. I have a Canada Post account and an API username and password and I have added these credentials in the 'manage carriers' area in the shipping section of the admin.

This is a glitch that is more easily shown in a video than a typed description so here is a video link that shows the issue clearly.   https://youtu.be/UZyDrcr6Zow

I believe that this is a Shopify coding issue, lets see if you gurus can figure it out. Any help with this would be appreciated,
Grant.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1051 61 124

Hi there Grant!

Don here from Shopify!

I've been looking into this situation for you alongside our escalated team members and we think we have some possible leads on the root cause of this.

However, as we will need to refer to specifics of your account here it will be necessary to continue this conversation via email so we can discuss your account securely.

Keep an eye out for a mail from me to the address attached to your Shopify account and we can work on this from there. :)

Regards,
Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 1

Hi Don,

I used the shipping rates cart app to display the incorrect rates, it quicker to see the rate results. The cart app doesn't produce its own rates it accesses the rates that Shopify generates whether with a Shopify Canada Post account or with my Canada Post account with my own negotiated rates 

Here is a second video that shows the incorrect rates being displayed in the Shopify checkout. The result is the same. Here is the Youtube video https://youtu.be/iKfueUt5d3s

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
555 1 19

Is the issue fixed? Ideally Canada Post rates should come from your own account if you have configured it correctly in Shopify. However, if as a temporary measure you want to try an app or you have other special service requirements like lettermail rates or coverage, then you can opt for the  Multi Carrier Shipping label app

Product Owner @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes