Canada Stores: Canada Post API and Shopify default package

Highlighted
4 0 0

The biggest issue right now being a Canadian Shopify store is trying to use the Canada Post API for real time shipping prices when you only have one default global package size for all products. This doesn't alllow the Canada Post API to work when you have various packag sizing and weights. The solution would be for Shopify to allow us to assign a package type to each product and not just have one global default?

FYI - Boxify and other apps don't work with Canada Post API before people jump in.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Any updates?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm struggling with the same issue.. I asked Shopify support if they had a solution and they sent me this link: https://help.shopify.com/manual/shipping/rates-and-methods/carriers/default-shipment-dimensions#how-...

Which doesn't help. I noticed the issue has been around for years. If they could indeed allow us to assign a package type to each product (or add the option to fill out dimensions for each product - like Bigcommerce has for example), we can get accurate shipping rates and it would avoid our customers to underpay/overpay on shipping.

Hope there's going to be a solution for this asap.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
555 1 19

Product Owner @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes