Canadian Stores Shipping From USA

Highlighted
Excursionist
41 0 8
I was wondering if there are any Canadian stores that are using US Postal Service and shipping their products from the US. Canada Post rates are so much higher than USPS that we're thinking of bringing our shipments across the border each week to a US Postal office and using USPS to ship. Would like to hear your feedback and experiences. Thanks! Gabriel
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
56 0 13
I use DHL for international shipping. Check them out! Simple I’ve asked our suppliers to drop ship everything with either UPS or DHL since most of them already have a biz account with these companies. Usually costs $30.00 USD to ship 2kg to anyplace in Canada or US. Also try out the app for custom fulfillment services, works great, Just have your suppliers model# under each products SKU where you change products prices and then in the app add that suppliers name and email (only you see this) then when customers make an order, the supplier automatically gets relevant information about that order and can start to process it.
0 Likes
Highlighted
8 0 0
Beware the border crossing - anything commercial going into the USA is a whole other matter involving brokers and declarations. I suggest checking the border requirements....wish it was that easy to just cross and ship :(
0 Likes
Highlighted
13 0 0

There are at least a couple of services that do exactly that - take your inventory across the border and ship your packages from USA on your behalf.  One such company is http://chitchatsexpress.com based in Markham and Missisauga, ON.

0 Likes
Highlighted
8 0 0

That's great if you live in Markham or Mississauga.  Otherwise, there's added shipping costs to get it to them then their fees. Fantastic if you are doing insane volume as the volume will offset the added fees, otherwise, it'll be expensive for small business operators.  Great to know they exist though...thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

well I have used a mail forwarding company in Connecticut- called www.parcelbound.com
They'll receive any of your US purchases and forward them onto you in Canada for a pretty low rate. Also you can track it from the purchase point all the way to your door... Very easy and professional service, and you get your item(s) in like 2 or 3 days.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
555 1 19

I was wondering how are you currently handling this? Are you using any broker to help cross your shipments over the border or managing everything on your own? If managed by own then how are you experiencing the charges? Going with USPS across the border would definitely make sense if the charges to transport them across the border would be minimal. Also, you can directly manage sitting at your home from Canada by using the Multi Carrier Shipping label app. In the app, USPS configurations can be perfectly set up.

Product Owner @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes