Canceled order = Unfulfilled?

Highlighted
Tourist
23 0 2

Hey! I've had this little problem in my store for quite some time now and it's growing more and more.

It seems like it would be a small issue, but I can't seem to find a way around it. 

I have 4 canceled orders, and after i have refunded / canceled there is no way to delete the order, but it is now stuck as "unfulfilled" 

This is kind of an annoying issue having my store constantly telling me I have +4 more orders I need to fulfill..

Any solutions?

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
253 1 21

Hi there!

My name is John and I'm a Guru here at Shopify!

Thanks for reaching out here on our merchant forums.

There is a workaround of sorts we can outline here if you only wish to see paid and unfulfilled orders show up in your 'unfulfilled' tab in the admin? :) 

You can head to your 'unfulfilled' tab in your Orders menu first, then just click 'Filter orders' and add a filter where 'Payment status' is 'paid' and add this filter. 

This will give us a new custom search where fulfillment status is unfulfilled and payment status is paid. If you'd like to use this instead of your existing unfulfilled search (which shows refunded orders) you can click 'Save this search' over on the right and overwrite your existing unfulfilled search to only show paid orders you need to action here. 

Hope this info helps clear up the issue a bit for you here. :)

Best of luck with everything!

Regards,
John

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
23 0 2

Hey thanks for the tip John,

A follow-up question: by adding this search, when I open my admin for example on the left side column it will show a highlighted 4 for the orders. Will this still be there? Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
19 0 30

This is still an issue that they only have workarounds for instead of a fix (ie https://ecommerce.shopify.com/c/payments-shipping-fulfilment/t/refunded-or-canceled-orders-showing-a...).

Try to archive the orders to remove the 4 next to the orders link.

Fine Art Landscapes - Sawusch Photography - USScenics.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
165 2 124

+1 Mind-numbing nonsense sorry.

Do we really have to debate this and put in a feature request? 

For the love of God, just get it sorted!

3 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
165 2 124

We took a bunch of pre-orders 6 weeks ago but because the unfulfilled badge displays incorrect info (see attached), staff, who have now learnt to ignore that badge, missed some orders.

Yes, if the orders list was filtered by unfulfilled, it's likely those orders would not have been missed. But after 25 years training staff and systemising businesses, INCORRECT INFO ALWAYS CREATES CONFUSION - ALWAYS!

So many people have pointed out this UI/UX bug, for the love of God, fix it.

Screen Shot 2019-04-18 at 6.20.35 AM.png

0 Likes