Cancelled Orders/Items Marked as Unfulfilled

Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 11

I have multiple canceled orders/items still falling under my unfulfilled tab. This is a big flaw in that these items will never be fulfilled because they are cancelled. This has been a problem for a couple of years now and has already been made a "feature request" as all of you put it. Honestly, I've seen these "feature request" commonly used as the means to try and subside all issues/request brought forward in the forums. Shopify itself states "After your customer makes an order, you need to ship it. This process is referred to in Shopify as order fulfillment." (https://ecommerce.shopify.com/c/shopify-discussion/t/order-stuck-with-one-unfulfilled-item-301580) Therefore an unfulfilled order is one that needs to be shipped, as stated by shopify. Well, canceled orders/items do not need to be shipped. To be even more honest, when going through the forums I see a whole lot of shopify "feature request" but in the years that we have been using shopify I have not seen a whole lot of "feature implementations." Other forums have been over a year old with a so called "feature request" being promised. (https://ecommerce.shopify.com/c/shopify-discussion/t/order-stuck-with-one-unfulfilled-item-301580)If there is a solution to this please let me know, but otherwise it is time that Shopify starts doing something about these issues.

4 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
207 0 13

Hello William, Brandon here from the Shopify Guru Team :)

At this time there isn’t a work around available to make an order that was never fulfilled show as fulfilled. An order that is cancelled/refunded without the product being shipped will always remain as unfulfilled, because it wasn’t fulfilled.

If the order is still showing as active in your admin then what you need to do is archive it so that it does not show up as an order that needs to be worked on. An open order is one that you can think of as needing work done on it, and an archived order is one that needs no more work. The fulfillment status is just a tag that say whether there was a shipment that was completed on the order or not.

We do know that it is something that a lot of people have requested. When a feature gets requested it gets looked at with all other requested features as well as features that we are already planning on implementing or have set as goals. It comes down to what will have the biggest and best impact on our customers in the end. We also don’t file feature requests to placate our customers, we do take their suggestions to heart :)

Hope that helps!

You can always reach out to us on phone/email/chat as well!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 11

Hey @Brandon@Shopify, thank you for your comment. I would like to clarify though. I am not asking for the cancelled orders to be marked as fulfilled or unfulfilled, as that would not be a true solution either, rather I am stating that there should be a different assignment in the fulfillment status. Much as there is Fulfilled, Unfulfilled, and Partially Fulfilled, there should be one more status at least "Cancelled". Reports are scewed because of this fact. If you run a product report for your unfulfilled items seeing how it will affect inventory, those canceled orders still show under those reports. There is a premade tab for unfulfilled orders showing you what orders have come in and what needs to be shipped out, again as shopify states unfulfilled orders are. The unfulfilled tab is now scewed and misrepresents what you truly have that is needed to be shipped out. And there are many users out there having the same issue https://ecommerce.shopify.com/c/shopify-discussion/t/order-stuck-with-one-unfulfilled-item-301580?ut...

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 3

We have the same problem. Something tells me that we all do? I believe that's a minor feature request that would make the lives of everyone easier and I am surprised that it has been overlooked? At leats find a way for us to hide them? Add that function in "bulk edits". 

We are patiently waiting. :-)

2 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

We are having the same issue, which shouldn't even be an issue because it is common sense that an order that needs to be canceled or refunded should be marked as CANCELED or REFUNDED. Will this ever be corrected? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Same here. I always login to shopify after clearing our Shipstation queue to find "unfulfilled" orders. I click it by habit and it's always the same old cancelled orders. It's a minor inconvenience but one I think would be an easy fix. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
660 0 114

Hi all,

Here is a work around that may help:

-Open the 'Unfulfilled' tab

-Add a filter 'Status is open'

-Click 'Save this search' and give a name for this new tab

That will filter out cancelled and archived orders. As long as you archive refunded orders, those will be hidden as well.

If you need a more comprehensive solution, feel free to our app Better Reports.

There are built-in reports to show:

-Orders pending fulfillment

-Line items pending fulfillment

-The total quantity pending fulfilment for each variant, aggregated from all pending orders.

I hope this helps,

Clement

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thanks for the great workaround!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
660 0 114

Glad it helps :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

+1 for this annoyance. Just give us a "mark as fulfilled" button!

0 Likes