Cancelled order but refund is nowhere to be found

Highlighted
2 0 0

We are having issues with a refund. Customer placed on an order that went out of stock so we canceled it, but looking ath the order history we cannot see that any refund has been made. Looking at the order it reads "voided" as well.

The customer has contacted us and is telling us there's no money in her account as well. 

How do we go about solving this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
614 54 150

Hi @MikeMiz92,

Thank you for getting in touch with your question. When you cancelled the order, are you sure you refunded the customer as well? We've a guide that shows how the complete the refund process here. Can you also let me know which payment gateway the customer paid through?

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Victor, to be honest I am not sure if I did refund. I canceled the order but don't remember pressing any refund button. I don't have any refund options now either which I why suspect the thing might be refunded already.

Also it doesn't say which payment was used, just "Online Store (checkout #13757304963203)."

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
614 54 150

Hi @MikeMiz92,

Thank you for providing more information. This is something I will need to look at directly, I think, so I'll need to authenticate you on the account. I can do this over email, so I will send a message to the email address tied to your forums account shortly. Please look out for that and get back to me there.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes