Cannabis Payment Gateway for California

Highlighted
1 0 0

I am currently living in California, where cannabis is legal. I do understand that Shopify is not against me having a cannabis store. However, I am wondering what payment system should I use because it seems that Shopify Payment does not allow anything related to Cannabis.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
577 20 186

Hey!

Aria here, one of the Social Care gurus at Shopify.

You're correct in saying our banking partners don't allow us to process cannabis sales using Shopify Payments. You can certainly sell cannabis on our platform (assuming you are only shipping it to locations where it's legal) using a third-party gateway. You can find the full list of available gateways in this guide. I would recommend you take a look at Authorize.net but you may find others on the list that work for you. You'd set up an account with your chosen gateway first, using their website then you can complete the setup in your Shopify admin by going to Settings > Payments.

Let me know how you get on with that.

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

who else aside from Authorize.net will process major Credit Cards payment?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
577 20 186

There's actually quite a lot of credit card processors on the list I provided but most of them won't allow the sale of cannabis. You could also try eMerchantBroker (EMB).

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes