Cannot change payout currency

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi all.

I need to change my payout bank and currency. Right now it gives me options of account number and sortcode - but the only payout currency available is GBP. My store currency is USD and I would like to change the payout currency and bank account to USD and to a Revolut USD bank account.

Screenshot 2019-02-22 at 09.44.19.png

How can I do this?

As mentioned my store currency IS set to USD. But my Store Address is set to UK. Could this be why?

Screenshot 2019-02-22 at 09.47.22.pngScreenshot 2019-02-22 at 09.47.27.png

Also my Revolut Business account for USD only gives me IBAN and BIC numbers not Account Numbers and Sort codes - how does this work?

Thanks

Tom

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
352 40 69

Hey, Tom.

My name is Lizzy and I’m from the support team at Shopify.

You're correct in that the reason you're unable to accept payouts in USD is because your store is set up with a UK address. This page here lists the available currencies for payouts based on your business location

If you had a business based in the US you would see different requirements for your banking information, as this also adjusts based on your location.

If you have an address based in the United States as well as an EIN number and are able to operate legally as a US business you would have the option of updating your store information. Using Shopify Payments you would either need to be a Canadian or US based business to be able to receive your payouts in USD.

While I appreciate this isn't a solution, I hope I was able to clarify why you're not able to make the adjustment you're looking for. Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,
Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi Lizzy,

I operate a Australia-based shop accepting payouts in AUD connected to an Australian bank account.

If I register a US corporation, am I able to change the existing website to make it US based and accept USD payouts to my new US bank account?

Thanks,

Michael

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
352 40 69

Hey @MichaelW1.

If your business is able to operate as a US based business, then yes you will be able to accept payouts in USD to a US based bank account.

You can update a current store with the new details, however there will be some issues if you've already been making sales in AUD and switch to USD. Your reporting will not be able to covert to USD equivalents, which means that going forward your numbers in the store will be off. For example if you currently show $10 AUD after changing to USD it will show as $10 USD, which is not correct. Also, any outstanding gift cards will not work after the currency has been changed.

Have you considered starting a new store for your US based customers?

Let me know if you have any further questions about this!

Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes