Cannot create shipping labels

Highlighted
Excursionist
13 0 7

New issue within the last few days. I was able to print shipping lables, and now, orders come in and automatically show the products have been shipped. I cannot create shipping lables as the products show that they have been shipped and the order fulfilled.

I am currently using the USPS website to generate priority mail lables. I need the ability to print 1st class lables from Shopify in order to avoid standing in line at the post office to buy postage for small packages.

Not too sure why all of a sudden I am no longer able to print shipping lables using Shopify. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
85 0 17

Hi there!

It sounds to me like you've got the auto fulfill setting turned on. To turn this off go to your shopify admin, click settings > checkout, then in the area that says "After an order has been paid" check off "Do not automatically fulfill any of the order's line items" 

That should do the trick!

Thanks,

Calen T 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
13 0 7

Hi Calen,

Your information did the trick.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

I received my first order!! But it was created as an auto fulfill when it should not have been, I have fixed that problem. But how do I get a mailing label for this first order when it shows as already fulfilled and the customer paid for shipping?

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Michelle, congrats on your first order. Your question was posted over a month ago without a response but just in case you are still needing help or if there is anyone out there with a similar issue: If you're trying to create a shipping label for an order that is either pending fulfillment or having already being fulfilled by a 3rd party app or 3PL provider and not able to or getting an error that reads "The orders you selected aren’t eligible for shipping labels", then you likely have an issue with your product specific fulfillment settings. You need to change the product's fulfillment location back to normal as it is probably still set to fulfill at the 3PL's location. 

Here is a Shopify forum question and solution that, while the question asked is slightly different, the solution is still applicable to your issue:

https://community.shopify.com/c/Payments-Shipping-Fulfillment/quot-Location-is-not-eligible-for-ship...

Hope that helps

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi, I'm having the same issue but the solution below isn't working for me. I've also tried changing the fulfillment service to manual, but that option does not appear anymore. I am trying to ship from the US to Mexico. The error message is "The orders you selected aren’t eligible for shipping labels." Thank you.

0 Likes