Cannot find a means of setting a fixed price for 2 products from the same collection.

Tourist
8 0 2

This is driving me mad. I have installed and uninstalled so many apps and spent so much time searching online, all to no avail currently.

What I'm trying to achieve is one of the most common types of discounts in the retail world: buy two items from a particular collection and pay a fixed total price. Fixed discount amounts and percentages are useless here as the individual product prices can be all over the place.

Pre-made bundles and build-your-bundle type solutions aren't acceptable as you cannot have a situation where qualifying items are sitting in the cart but not receiving the discount. Customers would almost certainly find those solutions infuriatingly annoying anyway. It has to be the case that you can shop normally and enjoy a discount when a second qualifying item hits your cart, and again when a 4th item does. And the pricing adjustment must be seamless when removing a 6th, 4th or 2nd item.

I'm really going to enter a deep despair if this cannot be achieved on Shopify. If it is the case I would never have spent so much time and money on this platform.

The only app that has come anywhere close to this functionality is Quantity Breaks Now. On the surface it seemed perfect, but the app is exceptionally difficult to integrate, noticeably slows down the entire site, ruins every product you try to include in a promo as it duplicates every variant and prevents them looking normal in the cart etc. Apparently the devs are rude and slow, so I'm not holding out for assistance from them.

Please someone tell me this can be done. Otherwise I have to seriously consider ditching Shopify if the serious restrictions are already showing up.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
285 0 25

Hi, Charles!

What you describe, very much sounds like the "Discount" type of the Shopify - which you get as the native built-in feature of Shopify.

In Admin, go to Discounts -> Create Discount -> choose the "Buy X Get Y" type of discount. And follow the input form.

Here's how it looks:

Excelify.io | Bulk Import Export Update Migrate | https://excelify.io
0 Likes
Tourist
8 0 2

I'm afraid I don't see how that discount feature achieves this type of discount.

- It's a coupon, so even with an app to automatically activate it, it won't cover multiples of the mix and match bundle prices. (for example, user buys 4 qualifying products on a buy-2-for-x-amount promo)
- The cart won't reflect the accurate line items
- There is no means of setting a fixed bundle price. Only percentage or fixed deductions, like 50% off or $50 off. Not a way to say $100 for any 2 items from x collection.
- Such a system couldn't be used in conjunction with vouchers, as it is already a voucher and to the best of my knowledge Shopify doesn't allow them to stack.

In my scenario, a discount code would be a disaster. Let's say I use the Automatic Discounts app to enable the code automatically even. All it could do is provide a 50% discount on the second item from a qualifying collection. The total amount would therefore be incorrect (as the prices are different for qualifying items and won't add up to the advertised fixed bundle price) and users would receive no discount for buying several bundles.

0 Likes
Tourist
8 0 2

Just so that the record is complete, I'm happy to report that there is an app that can achieve a proper mix & match promo. Ultimate Special Offers can do it, and the cherry on top is that the app doesn't require deeply invasive liquid edits as most others do. It doesn't create variant or product copies or some such nonsense either. It's even smart enough to put orders through checkout as draft orders or to generate a temporary discount code instead. And it always lets the cheapest odd one out be the product being paid for in full. So glad at least one app like this exists.

0 Likes