Cannot verify identity Shopify Payments

Solved
Highlighted

Dear Shopify support team,

We keep receiving emails from Shopify and asked to "Verify identity" regarding our Shopify Payments account.

We submitted 5 different documents that proof our identity, but still receiving this emails.

Can we get help with this issue, because we do not know why submitted documents are not readable and/or are not accepted.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

I have the same issue. Shopify what to do ? I have one day left please help.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1537 92 331

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @Joink & @Isaksendesign!

Once documents are submitted, it can take between 24-72 business hours for them to be reviewed. If the documents provided aren't sufficient, or if the files provided were of poor quality, or not what was requested, then additional prompts will be sent to your account. When uploading the documents, you will want to ensure that your images are clear and provide the requested information. Also, ensuring that your images only contain the document (i.e. no borders, no background objects, etc.) will help with the review process. 

It is important to note that our teams would require all of the documents requested. If you are unable to provide one of the requested documents, you would need to provide a comment in the notes box outlining why the document is not included. 

I'm not sure if both of you are still experiencing this issue; however, if you are, please reply to the email I have sent you so I can verify the account and have this reviewed. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi @Peter ,

Thank you for letting us know in regards to this. 

It seems that an automatic email will be sent approximately 1-2 minutes after the documents have been submitted requesting for the ID to be verified again. 

Should I ignore this then given that your stating it'll take 48 hours or so? 

If so, why is the email continually being sent?

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1537 92 331

@Mylittlesecret 

It's hard to say. Are the emails indicating that there is a problem with the ID? If no, and you're still having issues with this,  please let me know as I can authenticate your account to have this reviewed. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Hi Peter.
We solved the issue so now it’s all fixed.
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1
Hi Guys,

You stated it's all been fixed?

I still have the same error currently on my account please see the screenshot below:

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1537 92 331

@Mylittlesecret 

Thank you for letting me know. Could you clarify if the emails you're getting indicate that the upload failed in some way (i.e. unclear ID)? There wasn't a screenshot added to your reply; however, if you can provide more details on your issue, then we can take it from there. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0
Hi, I am also having this trouble. I have had 3 orders of large amounts and need to make sure they are being sorted? Could someone please verify what I have sent over via email?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1537 92 331

@Milaovens 

Could you clarify what you're having issues with? Are you also seeing problems with uploading documents for Shopify Payments, or are you referring to something else?

0 Likes