Cannot verify identity Shopify Payments

Solved
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi @Peter 

Yes I am having issues uploading the documents saying they are invalid. 

This is the error i'm getting: 

The photo ID you uploaded was not valid. To continue using Shopify Payments, resubmit your photo ID by tomorrow at 2:40pm BST in order to verify your identity.

Is it possible to get this sorted?

Thanks 

Jordan

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1454 89 320

@jnorwood007 

Thank you! I've shipped you an email. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

Yes, thank you very much!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

This is getting extremely frustrating... I’ve been sending the photo ID numerous times and every time it’s rejected... it’s a perfectly clear photo, nothing around it etc.. Sort it out as from this afternoon I won’t receive payouts 😡

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1454 89 320

@ELAY25 

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble uploading your documents. Based on the handful of interactions I have had about this the most common issue is that the date of birth that was initially entered does not match what is shown on the documents you're providing. While I can't say whether this is the case for you, I can verify the account to have this reviewed. If you can reply to the email I sent you then we can get the ball rolling on finding a solution.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thank you. 👍🏻

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I have sent In so many photos now and it still says they are un clear and can’t be sent over

is there another way I can send across my ID because my payout is due and it’s still on hold 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello, I am also having this issue where it says my ID does not have the same name as the owner which is inaccurate. My name is the same on both documents.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1454 89 320

@Blackguard 

If you are getting an error that the images are unclear then you will want to try again. You'll want to ensure that your images contain the full document while ensuring that no corners, or edges are cut off as our Banking Partners will not approve a document if they are. If you're still having issues after taking new images let me know. 

@pdog 

It is likely that the admin name does not match the name appearing on your ID. I've gone ahead and sent you an email so I can have our teams get that reviewed. Please respond to the email to verify your account. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi i also got this when i send a clearly photo of my passport

Shopify Payments needs you to verify your identity by Wednesday, July 1, 2020 at 3:01 am +0700.

If you don’t verify your identity, your Shopify Payments account will be put on hold and you won’t receive your payouts.

0 Likes