Cannot verify identity Shopify Payments

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 0

We could do with some help with a related problem.

only received the message tonight. We have a day to get this sorted.

problem for us might be the person or entity they are asking for ID for is ‘my forename wife’s forename, surname’ ie not an actual person.

presumably how developers set up our site.

ive uploaded my driving license but then received an automated email asking me to do it again. When logging in red text stating they photo id couldn’t be verified’ 

although that message was there before uploading anything.

so in short, we don’t know whether or not we have resolved this and sit tight for 48 hours - it’s a risk because at that point we potentially can’t receive any money!

please help!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1454 88 318

@Essjay 

Happy to hear you were able to get this resolved, and thank you for updating the thread to let me know!

@DanielF 

You'll want to try this again, ensuring all images provided are clear and do not have any glares, along with ensuring that all edges are within the photo and not cut off. If you're still getting the error, try using Google Chrome Incognito mode or try another browser as that typically helps resolve the issue. If you're still having issues after that, please let me know. 

@miphonestore 

Likely that we'll need to escalate this if you are not seeing an upload option. I have sent you an email to verify the store. You will need to reply to the email in order for me to review the issue. 

@bettervalue @TDR @Calderskitchen 

I have shipped you an email to help get this reviewed

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1454 88 318

This is an accepted solution.

Hello Future Viewers!

If you're having trouble uploading your documents to verify your Shopify Payments account then you will want to double-check the following: 

• Ensure your photo is clear - It can not have a glare, and must clearly show the individuals photo, along with other information. 
  • Ensure that the photo includes the full document - It can not have any corners or edges cut off
  • Ensure the photos are in full color. 
  • If you are getting an error that the additional field can not be blank - Try taking the photos again, and resubmitting using Google Chrome Incognito mode or another browser

If the above does not work and you are still facing issues then we will need to touch base with our Payments team to determine the root cause of the issue. As the Community Forums are not a regularly monitored area by Shopify Employees it would be best to reach out to our support via chat, or on social media via Facebook or Twitter for more immediate support. Doing so will ensure your issue is reviewed in a timely manner, and create a better user experience for you overall. Due to this, I will be blocking all new replies to this thread. 

Happy selling!

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes