Canpar API not returning rates

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi,

With the impending Canada Post work action we have switched over to Canpar for shipping and they have a private app API for carrier calculated shipping rates.

This API has been installed and re-installed but is not returning any rates at check out.  As it is an API integration Shopify does not support it but have been as helpful as they can be, the vendor, Canpar support it and have been as helpful as they can, which to date is not very helpful at all.

All Canpar can say is that they wont return rates for packages under 1Lb but I have also tried with heavier items.

As I know many Canadian Shopify uses are facing this same issue re Canada Post and many are going over to Canpar I figured other people may be having the exact same experiance as me and may have worked out the issue.  I am sure it is something silly, simple and right in front of my face but I just can noit see it.

Thanks,

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0
Hi,

I was wondering if you found a solution ? I am looking to switch with canpar ...
Thanks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
161 9 53

Hi @Gentremblay,

Shopify by default does not include Canpar as one of their available carrier services, so you would need to use a third-party app that integrates with Canpar to pull their rates live at checkout.

Our app Intuitive Shipping is integrated with Canpar, along with other major carriers.  We also offer a wide variety of other features built into our system including flexible conditions to control when shipping methods appear, as well as our Smart Boxing algorithm which can calculate which of your packages is best suited to ship your order, then pass this package along with the product weights to the carrier to ensure an accurate cost is returned.

Let me know if have any questions.  If you'd like a demo of the app, it's free to install on your site and run test checkouts.

Kind regards,

Joel.

Co-Founder / CTO @ Intuitive Shipping Inc.
Intuitive Shipping | Smart Boxing | Automate Shipping Profiles
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello Joel,

Thank you for your post. Can you confirm that your plugin supports Canpar as the plugin description on the Shopify App Store only lists the following integrations:

Canada Post, UPS, USPS, FedEx, DHL, Australia Post

Thanks,
JP

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
161 9 53

Hey JP,

Yes, Intuitive Shipping supports Canpar rating. Shopify's app pages have a limited number of characters so it's possible it was left out in lieu of other information. I'll mention it to the team though, thanks!

If you have any questions while linking your Canpar account, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team who will be happy to lend a hand.

Co-Founder / CTO @ Intuitive Shipping Inc.
Intuitive Shipping | Smart Boxing | Automate Shipping Profiles
0 Likes