Why can't I locate Stripe after activating Shopify payments?

logy
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello, I have used  stripe on my website. All good and workings fine, until I wanted to try  shopify payments. After I press to use shopify payments, he said that stripe will be deactivated. After that  I was unable  to configure the shopify payments because is asking me  the SSN number  wich I dont have because  I am not a US citizen. I have a LLC instead. Now I want to go to put stripe back on my website,  but I cant find anymore. Please help!

Replies 3 (3)

Victor
Shopify Staff
2422 225 517

Hi @logy,

Thanks for getting in touch. When you deactivated Stripe so you could try and activate Shopify Payments, did you change your store's address to one in another country? I ask as Stripe is typically not available to merchants in countries where Shopify Payments can be used. If so, I would recommend changing your address back to a country where Shopify Payments cannot be used and you should then see Stripe as an option again if you had used it before.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

logy
Visitor
2 0 0

I dont change the country.  But at SSN I put my number from my country  (is not called ssn) and worked. I use now shopify payments, is same thing for me 🙂

Victor
Shopify Staff
2422 225 517

Hi @logy,

Right, thank you. I'm glad to hear that you were able to enable Shopify Payments. Please let me know if you have more questions.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog