Cant integrate/activate paypal

Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi! Getting trouble here.

Been trying to activate/integrate my paypal business account, when clicking activate it does take me to log in on my paypal account but i dont get the *give permission* prompt.

All it does is log me in to my dashboard.

Ive tried a lot of times, kept doing the same thing, have also cleared cache and cookies like from what i read on other questions here.

Please help out!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
574 77 106

Hi, @aicacm,

Hank here from Shopify.

Would you be able to share a few screenshots so I can see what error you are getting and where it is occurring? 

As PayPal is external, you would need to log in and approve settings on their website but should be routed back to Shopify to verify the connection.

Are you following the steps listed in this guide? If so, can you tell me at what point you noticed the issue occurring, and what browser you are trying this on?

Sometimes, depending on your browser settings, you may not be directed back to your admin, but you can just refresh your admin to see if the connection was successful in Settings > Payments > PayPal.

Let me know how you get on or if you have any questions, and I'll happily assist you further!

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0
Thanks Hank, ive sorted it out..! was trying to do it on the app apparently
features on the app and the site is different. Perhaps you guys can have a
look at that and make sure the app and site is the same.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
574 77 106

That is great to hear you have resolved this issue!

Yes if doing it on the app, then it depends on the way your browser is set up, and permissions for the app, etc.

But on a desktop/laptop, it is far easier as the browser does not have to worry about individual permissions.

Awesome work getting this issue resolved, and thank you for letting me know.

Stay safe, and have an awesome day!

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes