Cant see "Accept Credit Cards"

Flavia_Firmino
1 0 0

Hi there. I am from Brasil and trying to activate MERCADOPAGO as a payment gateway. The Mercado pago website shows me the instrucions below.

1. In your Shopify admin panel, go to the menu Settings > Payments

2. In Accept credit cards, select Mercado Pago

The problem is that there is no ACCEPT CREDIT CARDS option in my Payment page. What should i do to fix and activate it?

Thanks all

0 Likes
Leon7
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
27 0 2

Hi Flavia!

Leon here form the Shopify Guru team! I hope you're doing well. 

It sounds to me like you may have another credit card gateway enabled within your store already. The reason I say this is because you are only able to have one credit card gateway activated in your account at any time. So if there is another one activated at the moment you won't get the option to select a different one until you have deactivated the first. 

It's simple to deactivate a gateway from your account if needed. You would go to Settings>Payments, clikc on 'edit' by the gateway in question, and deactivate from there. After that you should get an 'accept credit cards' option to select a new credit card gateway to activate. 

I hope this helps! If you have any further trouble with this at all please give us a shout and we will be able to have a closer look with you - support team. 

Best,
Leon

0 Likes
anthonyscott081
1 0 0

Hi Leon I am facing the same problem. There isnt an option for me to accept credit cards. I deactivated Shopify payments and I deactivated Paypal. With still no luck. Anyone know the answer?

0 Likes