Capture Payment error

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

Hi,

i am in the process of capturing a payment for an order and i receive the following error:

"This PaymentIntent could not be captured because it has a status of canceled."

Neither myself or the customer has cancelled the order.

Any help would be great!

Cheers.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
564 66 96

Hey, @Dounisaur!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

That seems really strange if neither of you cancelled the payment. Perhaps the payment gateway did? What is the payment gateway activated on your store and which one did the customer pay through? 

Kind regards,

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

Yup the payment gateway was activated as there were orders that went through before this one

is it possible to send you the output i am getting from the messaging with my admin?

I think that may make some more sense to you

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
564 66 96

Thanks for that, @Dounisaur.

Which payment gateway was the order placed through? Yeah, if you can let me know the error message you are seeing on the admin then I can investigate further for you.

Kind regards,

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

HI!

I am receiving the same message when I just went to capture a payment. It says could not capture because it was canceled. This is the gateway information

Canceled at1581125878

Cancellation reason automatic

Capture method manual

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Brittney

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

I spoke Shopify and its a bug between when the bank expects payment (7 days) and when you capture payment. If you do not capture payment within 7 days (and exactly at the same time the purchase was made eg: 11:01:22secs, the status of the order will be cancelled.

On top of this, Shopify still shows the order to be "Expiring" even when the order has been cancelled by the bank. Which is a bug on shopify's end.

So basically, if you can capture the order before 7 days after the order has been made.

0 Likes