Captured PayPal Payment Twice

designsbyzel
1 0 0

So, I believe I’ve made a mistake. My customer paid with PayPal. I captured the payment twice by mistake and it’s now saying I owe the customer money. Only one transaction has gone through on my PayPal, so I’m not sure if it actually took money from her, or if it just says that because I double captured the payment. Please help. 

F9A91C49-EE4D-4BCD-BDE8-0F92FB6E6290.png

0 Likes
Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2022 161 432

Hey, @designsbyzel!

Given that the payment went through Paypal, it is likely that the amount is currently "pending" and the order was marked as paid which would result in showing that you charged the customer twice. If the pending amount hasn't cleared, then it is likely that Paypal is either processing these funds, or the funds are waiting to be claimed through your Paypal account. What you'll want to do is reach out to Paypal support with the information you find in the order timeline. If you open the order, scroll down to the bottom, you should see the pending amount appear. Click on this line to expand the payment provider information which will provide you with the information you need to provide Paypal to track the funds. From there, they will be able to see if there was a double charge and provide steps on how to get that rectified. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes