Capturing payments

robynkelly
1 0 0

Hello Shopify community,

REALLY need some help on the payment process. I launched my business and set up PayPal to capture payments but I failed to confirm my email for Paypal until today (a week later). On my orders all of the payments were "pending". I clicked on "capture payments" to hope that it would send it to my PayPal account but Im not seeing it. 

In reaction to this, I set up shopify payments in hopes to capture my dollars that I made. Still nothing. 

What is the process and where should my revenue be going and when?

0 Likes
Don
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1387 92 189

Hi there @robynkelly!

Don here from Shopify.

Thanks for reaching out here for more info.

There are a few things we can check out here to see what we can determine.

The first thing would be to check on the orders in question to see which gateway had been used to process these payments (it sounds like they were made using PayPal from your info here, but we can confirm this in your admin).

If you click in to view a given order you can scroll down the order page to see the order timeline, where you should be able to see more info on the payment gateway used here.

Could you give me a bit more info on the PayPal account you are using in conjunction with your Shopify store?

Check out our help doc on setting up PayPal for your store if you haven't already, and let me know if you are using a PayPal account tied to the same email address you used to set up your Shopify store, or a different one.

With this info, we should be able to determine how next to proceed here.

All the best!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes