Why are customers' cards declining on my new Irish online store?

Eddie62
Visitor
3 0 0
  • Am failing to use Paypal to complete orders,every time someone pays their cards decline and says they must use a different card. This is a new store and am on the $29 dollars a month plan in Ireland. What might be the problem,please help
Replies 5 (5)

Cal
Shopify Staff
989 103 173

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. Is Paypal the only gateway on your store, currently? Have you completed the Paypal onboarding process

I'd suggest contacting Paypal support directly about your Paypal account, to make sure that it is set up to receive payments. You can contact them directly here

In order to process a sale through Paypal, your customers are redirected to the Paypal checkout (and taken away from Shopify), where it sounds like their payment is being rejected, before being returned to the Shopify checkout. Have you attempted to process a payment this way yourself, and can you replicate the customer's error? 

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Eddie62
Visitor
3 0 0
Hi Cal thanks for getting back to me

I have been in contact  with PayPal  and they  state  that  all is set up correctly  on their end  and the  problem  lies  with  Shopify.  I have tried  to make purchases  as well  and I get  the  same  message ,as per below.  It gives  me the same message with  any card  I use.image_2021-02-20_225929.png
Cal
Shopify Staff
989 103 173

Third-party gateways are maintained and developed by the gateway provider.

However, I'd suggest getting in touch with our live support team here who can investigate the active gateways on your store and make sure the setup was completed correctly. 

Thanks! 

Eddie62
Visitor
3 0 0

Thanks Cal, how do I get in touch with your live chat, it takes me back to explore shopify help center.

Cal
Shopify Staff
989 103 173

No problem, I'm glad to help. I recorded a little video on how you can receive support using the link above. 

Let me know if you still have any further difficulty contacting our live chat!