Carrier based shipping rates for only certain products

1 0 0

Hi!  I would like to use carrier based shipping rates for only a subset of my products.  Is this possible?  It seems it is either all carrier based or not.  I have many products in my catalog and haven't needed carrier based shipping until now so many of my products do not have their weights/dimensions recorded in the product/item record.  As I enter new products from a particular vendor of mine I would like to ship via carrier based shipping without having to go back and enter weights and box dimensions on all of my existing products.  Can Shopify do this?  If not, can you please recommend an App that might do this?  Something the Shopify folks feel is robust enough and created by a good App development company/ . Thank you!

Renee Van Winkle

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
127 13 12

Hey there!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! I'd be happy to offer some insight on shipping settings, and a potential solution for your shipping needs.

Setting up your shipping settings and methods within the Admin is based by zone, rather than by product. If you set up both carrier calculated shipping rates and manual based rates in the same zone, both options will populate if the order meets the weight/price conditions set. If you wanted to accomplish this directly in the Shopify Admin, switching to carrier calculated shipping rates would require your older products to include weights. Alternatively, if you're interested in an app solution, Advanced Shipping Rules should be able to help you out here.

This app give you more control over the shipping rates displayed at the checkout. With Advanced Shipping Rules, you have the ability to set unique rates for different groups of products. After a 7 day free trial, this app charges $9/month USD; however, it also requires having Carrier Calculated Shipping (CCS) enabled on your plan. CCS is already included in the Shopify Advanced plan or higher, but it can also be added to other plans for an additional $20/month USD. Alternatively, if you switch your billing period to annual billing to be eligible for CCS. Switching to annual billing will also save you 10% in addition to the extra $20/month for CCS. After making the necessary changes to your plan, or if you'd like to add it for the additional $20/month USD, you can contact us through social media, chat, email or phone, and one of our Support Gurus will gladly enable it for you.

I hope this helps you accomplish your needed shipping settings! Please let me know if there's anything else I can elaborate on.

Cheers.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes