Cart Empty on Checkout

Highlighted
2 0 1

My clients have been experiencing an issue where they add a product to their cart and when they click the checkout button, their cart becomes empty. I believe I've narrowed it down to iPhone or iPad users that are using iOS 11 or greater.

Is there a known bug currently causing this issue for these Apple iOS users?

I don't use a Store, the users access my products strictly through the Buy Button sales channel direclty on my website.

Any help would be appreciated as more and more of my clients are reporting this problem.

1 Like
Highlighted
5 0 0

I've been getting the same issue reported on our site http://www.backfitpro.com/books/back-mechanic-the-mcgill-method-to-fix-back-pain/

Add to cart works - then on checkout says nothing is in cart.

iOs devices

thanks - I will stay tuned to this post

Kyle

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Yay! I'm glad I'm not the only one. I thought maybe I was doing something wrong.

It seems like ever since they came out with iOS 11.2 when they added Apple Pay Cash.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

We are having issues with customer reporting empty carts on checkout as well (3 this week)
Is there a recommended best way to report this issue to Shopify?

Will reply/edit post once we have more device information from the customers.

We are using the embedded Shopify button - Is everyone else with the empty cart issue - using that as well?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm experiencing the same problem.

The checkout with Shopify Lite works perfectly on a laptop but on a phone, the cart appears empty.

I do hope there's a solution to this problem because most of my shoppers will be coming from Instagram on their phones.

Here's my shop http://labellamuse.com/valentines-day-gifts/

I do hope we find a fix soon.

Thank you so much!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Clearing out the Safari history on iOS fixed this for me. Don't how it started or if new visitors are seeing it?

Has anyone raised a ticket with Shopify regarding it?

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

I did Matt - the response was to:  

Let your customer's know to disable Apple's Cross Domain Cookie settings.  

Not really an option..  

Thanks for the clear history fix - I will test that out

kyle

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi, I recently started a T-Shirt shop on Shopify (with Printful on demand printing).

Apart from this app I also have the ETSY app installed. I use the Brooklyn theme.

My very first customer (yesterday) told me there is an issue on the checkout.

I have checked it myself, and indeed (on my phone) it seems to be the same problem.

When trying to pick a certain color and size, the system simply does not let us do this, instead it provides the first variant in the list (XS white T-Shirt).

Please can someone tell me what to do, and how this issue can be solved? Thanks!

0 Likes