Cart and Checkout Edit Help!!

Highlighted
2 0 0

I am using the simple theme in shopify and I am wanting to change the shopping cart section. At the moment when a customer adds an item to the cart they see a subtotal and the only way they can see the delivery cost is if they start processing through the checkout. I want the delivery costs available to be seen on the shopping cart page. I use weight based shipping method. I did find a shipping rate calculator which adds to the cart page which i added to my site copy and pasting in the appropriate code. However after i added this i then realised it was shipping rates based on country and postcode - so is useless to me. Can this code be amended to take in weight based rather than postcode based infomation? Or can the page which displays the weight based shipping be moved before customers have to start entering their details - i find this so silly and if i was a customer to my own website - i wouldnt bother processing through the checkout first. I hate hidden info - i want it clear to the buyer the cost before they choose to proceed. Also if this can be done is it something that can be copied into another theme - if i want a change of themes say a year down the line?

Also want to know how to change the words at the bottom of the cart page. It says after giving a subtotal that the next page will calculate shipping and taxes - i dont like that sentance - it sounds too American and I would also like to change that wording.

Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 5

Hi there, have you figured this issue out already?

0 Likes