Cart error: "There are no shipping methods available for your cart or address"

Solved
Highlighted
6 0 0

Our cart has been active and working for quite awhile, and then today I found this error when testing a new discount. We probably missed a few orders as a result.

This is a SUPER BASIC cart, using all of Shopify's defaults - no fancy API or external stuff. We have three products (2 variants of each) and we only ship to the USA, and we only use USPS. There is no fulfilment company involved - it should be about the easiest cart and shipping possible with Shopify. We purchase the USPS / Shopify labels. So why don't it work?

The screen shots below are what I see on this verified address. I am totally open to ALL solutions - just keep it simple, like the cart itself.

The one screen shot cuts off at the bottom, but USPS is just below.
Thank you. Craig

Shipping errorShipping errorSettings > ShippingSettings > Shipping

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1819 211 380

Make sure your products have values (> 0) for weight assigned. Shipping methods are resolved based of shipping address as well as estimated package weight.

Sergiu Svinarciuc | CTO @ visely.io
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Yes, I looked at that early on. Nothing has changed about my wieghts since the store first opened. It has been working fine to date. See below.
Thanks for the reply.

Settings > ShppingSettings > Shpping

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1819 211 380

I was referring to "weight" field each product has to have assigned under Admin > Products. The products you have in the cart, do they have this setup with a value > 0.0?

- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

I realized that the prior screen shot showed only the weight of the boxes used to ship. This screen shot shows a detail of one of the six product variants. Each of the products has the correct weight set for its size. (again, we only have 3 products in 2 sizes each). So I think this is okay.

Products > All Products  - product detailsProducts > All Products - product details

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1819 211 380

Just tried it out, and I am getting Free shipping in USA, see attached. What products/variants specifically you have in your cart?

Screen Shot 2020-02-24 at 20.16.18.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1819 211 380

This is an accepted solution.

You said you've been testing some discounts, I assume the order total after discount was still > $50 to allow for the Free Shipping in US to be eligible. This is the only option you are offering.

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

I have Quest Realm play mat - large.

The discount (which I set up this morning) is "Imagination" - and takes off 20%.

I will test on another computer / browser.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1819 211 380

Please see my note above in this case :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

So this is the same product, with the same discount code, and the same error (screen shot).

Then, I removed the discount, and the cart updated and the shipping worked correctly. So the discount is the issue. I think it brings the cart minimum below the preset discount of $50.  I will reset that now.

cart test.png

0 Likes