Cart issue

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

hi,
I received an email from a customer who cannot purchase multiple items from the website. I am using Venture
Below is her comments:

your online order service doesn’t seem to allow me to keep adding to a cart. It makes me pay 1 item at a time with Shopify, is that correct?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
740 57 90

Hi @tee62,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. 

Do you know how the customer is checking out or how they have added products to the cart? It sounds as though they might have done so from your Facebook page. If so, customers can only buy 1 product at a time via Facebook as mentioned in this guide

If the customer has advised that they were not using Facebook; I was just taking a look at your website there and I was able to add multiple items successfully to the cart. Your checkout seems to be working fine too. Could you tell me the name of the product(s) the customer was hoping to purchase so I can try to replicate the error they are seeing? Do you know what device they are using as well? For example, are they using a mobile, tablet or desktop?

Many thanks,

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1
Hi,
She was using her phone. I have asked her to use her computer to see if
works!
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
740 57 90

Hi @tee62,

Thanks for letting me know! We'll see how the customer gets on when trying to purchase through the normal website so and if there's anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Many thanks, 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1
Sadly, it did not work. I had to bill her in a different way.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
740 57 90

Hi @tee62,

Thanks for getting back to me! This seems quite strange and more of a once-off depending on the device or browser they were using. It's quite possible there was a cached file or an extension which was blocking certain features on the site. Have you received a report like this before? If not, I would recommend keeping an eye out for it and if it happens again our Support can raise it further with our Tech Support as long as we have an example and can replicate it. 

If there’s anything else I can help you with please let me know!

0 Likes