Cash On Delivery with custom pricing

Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi Shopify Support,

It's been a while and all of us are looking for a solution where we can add COD with custom pricing, as in I accept COD orders, but at a price which is 50 bucks more than normal shipping rate. I have been using the Advanced COD app for India but it has a very basic bug which hasn't been solved since a long time. Request the developers to please escalate this issue on priority basis as we are currently running the website with a bug in it and it does affect our business! 

Looking forward to hear from your team soon!

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
335 32 111

Hi, @himanil!

This is May from Shopify. Welcome to our Shopify Community!

I'm sorry to hear that you are having some issues with the app you're currently using. Do you know which app you are using specifically? When I searched for 'Advanced COD' on our app store, I found two apps with the same name. Could you also explain the issue you are having with the app and what is the expected behaviour? We would love to take a further look into this and reach out to the app developer. 

Since there are two Advanced Cash on Delivery apps, perhaps in the mean time, you can install the other app and see if that helps. If that doesn't help, you may need to manually charge your customers who choose COD on checkout. You can manually charge this fee by sending a new invoice to your customer using a draft order. Please make sure that you are communicating this extra charge clearly with your customers. Adding this warning message on your COD instruction or on your FAQ page may be a good idea. 

Let me know if you have any questions about this. I look forward for your reply!

Best Regards,

May.

May | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1
Hi May,

Thanks a lot for writing back! I am really sorry for the delay, was really
busy previously!

So yes, I am facing an issue for charging customers for COD orders. There's
an app which Shopify has made - "Advanced Cash on Delivery" it has got a
purple tint icon. The app comes from Shopify so it's the one I trusted the
most and installed it. Almost all users have given the same review in the
review section as well.

I can create a draft invoice but that's like totally not cool with the
customers since they see a final charge on the right hand side and then
they absolutely do not expect charges to increase with a separate invoice!

Do let me know what can be done on the same. Looking forward to hearing
from you,

Himanil
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
335 32 111

Hey again, @himanil!

Thanks for getting back to me. I think I found the app you are referring to. Since the app is developed by a third party developer, I will need to reach out to them directly. Before I reach out, I'm going to send you an email to the email address attached to your forum account to gather more context about the issue. In the mean time, I recommend trying a different app such as this one.

You are absolutely right. I can understand how draft invoices can be alarming to some customers, which is why I suggested that you add a disclaimer somewhere on your site where customers can see them. Being able to use an app is definitely better and more practical in the long run. 

That said, I will send an email to you and get in touch with the app developers for a resolution. If you have any questions, feel free to reply back here or via email. 

Best Regards!

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Same issue i facing, Shopify just grab money from us but they have not solution. This problem not fresh problem, its very old issue but shopify developer teams has no time to solve this issue. Also there is no option for payment gateways re-order function.

Very Bad software with fully loaded bugs. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
335 32 111

Hi, @shopkiozz!

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the platform. Are you having an issue with Advanced Cash on Delivery app as well? If that is the case, I will have to contact the app developers themselves if it is a third party app. Could you tell me the details of the issue, please?

If you are having other issues besides the app, let me know and we can continue with our support.

Kind Regards.

0 Likes