Certain shipping options only visible to Staff NOT customer

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi, I am looking to see if there is a way to have a few shipping method options visible to customer and additonal shipping methods options visible to staff only on the backend?

There may be times where my staff is placing orders on the back-end and using something we dont offer to our customer base.

Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
510 0 69

Hey Theresa, 

I'm Ann, from the team here at Shopify :)

While at this time there isn't a way to set up specific shipping rates that only your staff can use on the back end, what I can tell you is that when creating draft orders, you can input custom shipping rates there. When creating the order, you will have the option to add shipping, and then you'll spot where you can either chose from a shipping option you already have set up or a custom one. You can see more details about this and how it works on this page in our Shopify Manual. 

That said, I can definitely see how this would be a nice feature to add to the platform. I'll pass this along to our team for you and maybe this will be something we will see in the future! 

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us on this thread :) 

Have a great one,
Ann

Ann | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

That may work and we'll give it a try.....appreciate the quick response!

0 Likes