Can I set a new payout bank account on Shopify without the old number?

Bonming
Visitor
2 0 0

I didn't have old payout bank account number which is losing the number.

I wish to set a new bank account number, please help. 

Replies 3 (3)

Lana
Shopify Staff (Retired)
849 77 107

Hi there @Bonming!

This is Lana from Shopify.

I understand that you're getting an error when you try to set another bank account because you do not have the old account number. The reason you are asked to verify your old account number is just to prevent payouts being sent to an unauthorized bank account that may have been added accidentally - it is like an extra layer of security.
We can assist you in making this change, but in order to help you out here, we will need to access your Shopify account.

At the moment we are unable to access your account through the community if you require specific support.
Please get in touch with us through this link here so that our team can verify you and see what the next steps are.

Hope this helps and let me know if you need anything else!

Thanks! -Lana

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify
-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Bonming
Visitor
2 0 0
I should be entered a testing bank account with number 12345 something like that. 
But I wish to start change to a real bank account, so please help. 
Lana
Shopify Staff (Retired)
849 77 107

I see - so if you cannot remember what the exact numbers that you put in were, you will need to go through through our live support here - we will then be able to look into your account details and help you change your banking information. 

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify
-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog