Change Bank Account Details (Australia)

Highlighted
2 0 0

I would like to update my bank account details for payouts, as I recently closed my old bank account. Given I no longer have the details for this bank account as the account is now closed, I can't enter my old routing number to update my account with my new bank account details. I'd like to do this ASAP as I would like to withdraw funds into my new account. Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3082 233 507

Hi @coffeesydney,

Nick here from Shopify. 

That makes perfect sense. Can I ask which payment gateway you are using and if you are the account owner? There is a help guide going through all the steps and everything you need to know about editing your bank information which you can see here. Something else to note is that you can't use prepaid bank cards. 

20-05-kgdpw-c3dpv

Just to confirm you are following these steps to change your bank details also: 

1. In the Shopify Payments section, click Manage.
  2. Under Payout bank account in the Payout details section, click Change bank account.
  3. Enter your old bank account information and your new bank account information, then click Save.

Let me know and once I know more information about this, it will help figure out what's going on and then for you to change the details. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thanks Nick - but my old bank account has now closed so I can't enter my old bank account details to update my new details. Are you able to still assist me as I would love to be able to update this ASAP and withdraw funds :)

0 Likes