Change My Date of Birth

garyhelmets
1 0 4

Hi guys. Upon making my Shopify story I accidentally put in the wrong year of birth on my account. When it comes to receiving payments I am able to do so but I cannot lodge them into my bank account as I cannot confirm my identity as my date of birth on my account does not match my date of birth on my passport/id. Does anyone know how I can change my date of birth on my account or can a Shopify representative for so for me? Thanks.

Ted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1200 111 125

Hi @garyhelmets,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for letting us know! 

Our support can help you with this for sure. I'll email you now to authenticate the account and we'll take a closer look. How are you finding Shopify so far?

For anyone else who might be experiencing this, please contact our support here for immediate assistance. To contact us using the Help Centre, our Support info can be found in the main menu (Support > Contact Support) or near the footer. If you experience any login or loop issues when using the help centre, please log out of your account and access our support as a guest as shown in this example. Other than this, our Facebook and Twitter support are available 24/7. 

Many thanks,

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
benzsoftwash
2 0 3

I've the same problem, Shopify is threatening to suspend payments unless I upload Identification which I have done repeatedly only keep getting the same message to upload ID. Last night I tried uploading from mobile to be told my DOB does not match my Id and to change in settings but I can not find where to do this..

Smonet123
1 0 1

I have also tried to upload my document for identification and it’s saying my birthday is incorrect as well so is their anyway for my to change my birthdate to fix the issue because I think I may have typed the wrong one

AlexanderNysted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi Ted

I have the exact same problem as this guy.

Is it possible by any chance that u could help me out aswell ? 

Kind Regards Nysted.

0 Likes
benzsoftwash
2 0 3

I was talking to Shopify support and they are taking a look. They could not fix live so there must be something a bit deeper they need to sort out. Ill let you know the outcome.

nickb3
1 0 0

I have exactly the same issue. It is saying by DOB on account does not match but nowhere to change it. Shopify please help!

0 Likes
Ted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1200 111 125

Hi everyone, 

Thanks for reaching out and for letting me know. 

For anyone else who might be experiencing this, please contact our support here for immediate assistance. To contact us using the Help Centre, our Support info can be found in the main menu (Support > Contact Support) or near the footer. If you experience any login or loop issues when using the help centre, please log out of your account and access our support as a guest as shown in this example. Other than this, our Facebook and Twitter support are available 24/7. 

Many thanks, 

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog