Change currency for shipping

Highlighted
4 0 0

I'm having trouble with my current store.

The store currency is set to USD, but for some reason, the shipping is calculated from NOK (I live in Norway).

It shows as USD in the checkout, but because of the currency conversion, the price fluctuates. This makes it hard to advertise a flat rate shipping price like I want to. 

Thanks in advance for any helpful answer!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
431 40 114

Hi @henrikholt,

Thank you for reaching out with your question. There's a few potential things that could be happening here, so I have a few questions to ask.

First of all, is USD set as your store's currency in Settings > General, or is it NOK? Can you also let me know which payment gateway you have enabled for the processing of credit card payments? Do you also have any apps installed on the store that affect the shipping rates on your store, or any apps that allow customers to choose different currencies?

If you'd also feel comfortable sharing your store's URL here, please do so, although please don't feel obligated. If you can answer the questions I've posed above I should have a better idea of what might be causing this discrepancy.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hello,

– Store is set to USD

– So it's stripe, paypal and Klarna.

– No apps to affect shipping rates, however we use Printful.

Best regards,

Henrik

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
431 40 114

hi @henrikholt,

Okay, thank you. Would you be happy to share your store's URL here, so I can take a look for myself? If not, we can move our conversation to email and discuss the issue there.

Kind regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
13 0 0

Hi, i am facing the same issue. Can you help me out? A quick introduction to understand the issue I'm facing.  My address is in Singapore hence my countries currency is in SGD. Therefore, I have edited my store currency under settings -> general -> store currency to USD. Everything in my store is working fine as it is using the USD currency I set. I wanted to set a shipping flat rate of USD $10. However, upon inspection via my mobile device and PC, I noticed that the currency rates displayed in the checkout -> shipping is automatically converted from SGD -> USD. Hence, the weird numbers due to currency fluctuations. For E.G. under settings -> shipping and delivery -> manage rates -> my desired country -> edit rates . I entered a value of $10. However, in my shipping checkout section instead displays the converted value of SGD to USD. Is there a way to set my shipping currency to USD instead? I sincerely hope someone can help me out here. Cheers!

My Site : https://dreamydesignco.com

bug1.PNGbug2.PNG

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
431 40 114

Hi @chong,

Thank you for reaching out. Are you sure these prices at checkout are converted SGD > USD prices? I visited your checkout now and seemed to get the $10 rate at checkout that you've set in your shipping settings (as per your screenshot):

20-07-nn3fo-hd6l5

Are you still seeing seemingly converted prices at checkout when you test this?

Kind regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
13 0 0

Thank you for your reply. Actually I have recently figured it out . The main reason why it was automatically converted despite setting 10 dollars is because I did not set the rates under my place of address instead of the top section 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
431 40 114

Hi @chong,

Okay, I see. I'm glad to hear you were able to resolve the issue and thank you for letting me know. Please get back in touch if you experience any other issues.

Kind regards,

0 Likes