Change from Flat Rate to Calculated Shipping

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
9 1 3

We are moving from flat rate to calculated shipping in Canada. Do I need to add CCS to my store or an app, or both? We will have about 5000 products, huge variety of sizes, and ship across Canada by Canada Post right now. I’d like to add some couriers and calculated rate shipping across the store, but trying to do that via shipping profiles doesn’t seem possible. If an app, is there one that includes Canada Post as well as couriers and still integrates with our manual order fulfillment? 

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
132 14 19

Hey, @Charp!

My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify. So glad you asked this question!

To switch your shipping settings from using a flat rate to calculated rates with Canada Post you don't need to add Carrier Calculated Shipping (CCS) to your account or upgrade your plan either.

Shopify Shipping

Shopify Shipping allows you to use live rates from Canada post. It'll take into account a default package size and weight along with the total weight of the products in the order.

You'll be able to take advantage of the discounted shipping rates for our merchants when you set up Shopify Shipping.

Custom Rates & Apps

On the other hand, if you need your rates to use different package dimensions based on the products you'll need an app like Boxify or Parcelify to help with automatically changing the rates based on the package size.

Another app that is super useful for using couriers and calculated custom rates as well is called EasyShip. You'll definitely be able to use this as a way to access different methods of shipping should you need it.

The apps mentioned above here need the CCS feature. This feature is $20 month that can be added to your current plan. You'll just need to request this from us and we can make that change in your account for you. This feature is not available to add on your own in the admin. Without upgrading to the Advanced Plan, you'll need to have us add the feature in as a customized plan for you. I'd be happy to do that for you if you choose to add in some apps to help with your shipping!

Let me know how you do with the information above! I'm happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes