Change name of alternative payment method which is displayed in notifications

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi guys,

I recently added an alternative payment method. In my case it is called "Rechnung / Facture / Invoice". First it was called "Invoice Rechnung", but then I changed it to the one I mentioned.

The thing is now that when I print out an order (with the order printer app) or send a notification email displaying the payment method, it shows up as "invoice_rechnung". I would like it to show up as "Rechnung / Facture / Invoice" which is just the same name as the payment method people see when checking out.

The provider o fmy alternative payment method told me that this has to be changed on Shopify. I've been in contact with Shopify Support two times now, but they couldn't help. That's why I am asking here now:

Does anyone know, where I can change the displayed name of an alternative payment method? :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3073 231 501

Hi Nicholas, 

Nick here from Shopify! 

This is a really interesting one. I've been doing some digging and will send you an email about this as I want to look into it a little deeper for you if that's ok. I want to do everything we can to try and find the solution here. 

Talk soon, 

Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi Nick,

Thank you for your reply. I hope there is a solution for this, because I am sure I am not the only one having this issue. Anyways, thank you for checking it and I am looking forward to your news :)

Best,

Nicholas

1 Like
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3073 231 501

Hi Nicholas,

Nick here from Shopify again. Hope you had a great weekend! ?

I've had one of our technical teams look into this further for you. It seems the gateway is still saved and called in invoice_rechnung in Shopify. This is saved directly into our core and cannot be changed here. The only option here would be to completely remove this gateway from the store and try to install it from scratch. The new gateway might be able to get a new name then, this may not work through the gateway and could pull existing data instead of allowing you to rename the core gateway name. This then wouldn't help with pre-existing orders. The current orders would still be linked to the old gateway information. So the best alternative they advised would be to add some liquid code to the template that would change the name of the gateway just for the order printer template as seen below:

Due to your order printer template being so custom, we would advise having a developer make these changes for you. Our team checked it on their end, it worked and it was good, but there are no promises that it won't break. Because of that, having the person who coded the template for you in the first place would be best. 

Rechnung / Facture / Invoice
{% else %}
  {{ transaction.gateway }}
{% endif %}```

I completely understand this might not be ideal, but it is currently the best way for this change to happen. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me again should you have any other questions about this. 

Kind Regards, 

Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes