Change of Currency from NZD to USD

Highlighted
Tourist
19 0 2

Hi, So I am looking into linking my Shopify to my amazon and eBay and other channels but due to my currency being in New Zealand dollars I am unable to do so because I have made my first sale, Can you please help me fix this problem up so I can create new Channels.

Thanks 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
741 57 91

Hi @TSENGHHH,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us! 

Sure thing! So our Support will need to apply this change internally, as you've already made a sale. Before this can be changed, I'll need to let you know of a few things that might occur. I've separated this into 2 posts as my reply was over the character limit. 

After you have read the below and if you would like for us to go ahead with the change, please reply back to the email I've sent you so I can verify your account and I'll take a closer look into this with you. If anyone else would like to change their currency, please contact our Support here directly for more info.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know, I'm happy to help!

Thanks a mill,

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
741 57 91

@TSENGHHH 

Reporting
When changing currencies, our reporting doesn't factor in the difference between currencies. For example, if you had $500 USD processing, that would show as $500 in reports. Say next day you switch to CAD, the report would still read as $500 for previous processing. So there's no clarification between currencies if the currency symbol is the same as before and since $1 CAD is not equal to $1 USD. The reports, in theory, will be slightly wrong going forward. You can, however, set a “date range” for the data they are reviewing, to exclude any transactions that might have been processed in a different currency before the specific date of the currency switch. Please note that refunds will be processed in the new currency going forward. 

Product Pricing
Since the dollar amount between currencies is not the same, a product price’s value could mean something different if the currency is adjusted and impact your margins. Ex - $20 CAD, is not equal to $20 USD. Refunds processed after a currency change will also be affected by the currency change. Making any adjustments to your product pricing means that you'll need to consider the currency difference. You will also want to review your product pages/themes etc for currency information that might need to be adjusted. 

Apps
Some apps may have limitations when it comes to changing currency. If you need to know if this will affect any of the apps you have listed on your store, you will need to reach out to the app developer directly for more info.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
19 0 2
Hi, yea could you please help me change my currency as I have only made 1
sale & that was me just testing it out, very much appreciated.

Thanks

From
Tsenghhh
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
741 57 91

That's perfect! If you can reply back to my email I've sent directly to you (just to verify the account), I'll get that sorted for you straight away. :-) 

0 Likes