Change order of payment options

Solved
2 0 0

I've set up several payment options (Mollie as an external payment provider). 

Now I would like to set a default payment option and I would like to change the order in which the payment options are shown. 

Any suggestion how to do this?

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
236 28 40

Hey, @martijnkooij!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

This is something we see requested quite often but unfortunately, there isn’t actually the ability to edit the code for the checkout unless you are on the Shopify Plus plan. The primary reasons behind not being able to edit the checkout CSS are around security, responsiveness, and maintaining PCI compliance. If we had customized checkouts, any updates or improvements that we wanted to make would have to be made on a store-by-store basis. As you can imagine, this would take a very long time! It would also make the customer suffer if the checkout was then glitchy/not updated correctly.

We still allow you to customize your checkout style (as noted in this guide), such as changing the colours and adding a banner to the top of the checkout page. However, ultimately these systems are in place with the primary focus of making our platform more secure for you and your customers. We hope you understand that it’s with your best interest at heart.

One thing I can do is send your request up to our development team for you. At Shopify, we pride ourselves on the continued growth and development of our platform, and we are only able to strive towards this goal with feedback and comments from merchants just like you. There is never a guarantee that a request will get a Green Light, or make it to a product launch, but we always appreciate merchants reaching out with any suggestions.

If there is anything else I can help you with at all, please let me know. 

Kind regards,

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi @Lulu5 

Thank you very much for your reply. 

Unfortunately it's not possible. Feel free to send it to the dev-team. It might be the last push the needed to make this "set default payment" option available.

Regards

Martijn

0 Likes